Job opportunity: Programme Manager Europe Air Sports
Europe Air Sports (EAS), established in 1988, is the competent organisation for all air sports in Europe representing the interests of its members with all relevant legal bodies at EU level, especially the European Aviation Safety Agency EASA, Eurocontrol and the three EU institutions , the European Parliament, the European Council and the European Commission.
Around 700 000 active aviators are organized in the national aero clubs and pan –European air sports organizations who are members of Europe Air Sports.
EAS is managed by a President and his board, nominated Technical officers and selected experts who all are volunteers. A partially paid political advisor and part time Programme Manager support the work of the volunteers. The present Programme Manager will retire in 2018 after 8 years in the job. EAS is seeking for a part-time highly motivated successor who can takeover preferably in March 2018 with a solid overlap period with the present postholder.
Summary of job description/main tasks
- Support actively the role of the volunteers, selected experts and elected board members by
- Collecting, evaluating information and preparing replies to the European legal body publications.
- Prepare policy papers and recommendations to initiate lobbying activities
- Monitor and coordinate and support the activities of the selected experts
- Establishing and proactively maintaining two ways communication with members, acting as their interface to Europe Air Sports
- Develop and maintain a wide spread personal network of contacts in aviation
Qualification and experience
- European resident with high standard of spoken and written English with excellent communication skills
- Completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma or equivalent level
- Sound knowledge of and experience in European political structures and processes
- Knowledge and own experience in airsports activiities, preferrably holding a current license
- Ability to collect needed data from various sources and
- Capacity to generate, evaluate and propose solutions and alternatives after having assessed all pros and cons
- Sound handling ability of electronic communication and social media
-Work should be conducted from home on a self-employed basis with periodic travels to Cologne and Brussels or occasionally to other destinations.
For a detailed information package and job description please contact the present post holder Rene Meier via firstname.lastname@example.org and vice-president Rudolf Schuegraf via email@example.com preferrable via e-mail so the usual applications including a detailed CV will reach the above mentionend persons by the deadline of 08. Jan 2018, interviews are planned for end of January 2018 in Cologne, Contract start will be at the earliest at 01.March 2018.
On behalf of the board of Europe Air Sports